Suggested Visitation Policy Due to Flu
As of Dec. 21, 2017, our Suggested Visitation Policy due to Flu in now
- Patients should limit their visitors to no more than two to protect them
- Individuals with upper respiratory illness (cough, fever, etc.) are asked
not to visit patients.
- Children under age 18 are encouraged to NOT visit patients at this time.
Special accommodations will be made for end of life circumstances. The
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has indicated that young people
are more at-risk as carriers and transmitters of the flu virus.
- Individuals with Atlantic General Health System outpatient or physician
appointments are encouraged to come to those appointments without their
children under age 18, unless the appointment or health care service is
for the child.
- To reduce the risk of exposure, it is recommended that pregnant women not
visit unless seeking medical treatment.
Healthcare Services in Maryland & Delaware
At Atlantic General Hospital, we combine the traditional warmth of personalized
attention with the expertise of advanced medical care.
Our not-for-profit hospital, located in Berlin, MD, was built with the
devotion and support of a fiercely dedicated community. We are an independent,
non-profit hospital and health system with a focus on improving the health
of the community. This keeps us adaptable, focused, and effective in our
mission to serve our patients and to keep our community members as healthy