At Atlantic General, we know you expect to receive quality care, and that you want it to be as easy as possible. After all, it’s difficult enough to be sick or hurt. We want you to know that your comfort and ease are top priority for us.
As healthcare changes and Atlantic General evolves, we’re investing in the right technology and staff to enhance the safety and convenience of everything we do, like:
- Providing developmental health telemedicine services for children, connecting families with specialists in Baltimore without their ever having to leave the Shore.
- Recruiting an urologist and a dermatologist to the region to reduce the waits for an appointment with these much-needed specialists.
- Introducing an award-winning Patient Centered Medical Home program for our health system patients to ensure care is coordinated among the primary care provider, specialists, hospital and other levels of care, such as long-term care facilities, rehab centers and home health.
- Installing the care.connection multi-purpose electronic devices in our hospital rooms, so patients can watch important health education videos to improve their understanding of the treatment being provided, surf the web, listen to healing music or “white noise” to sleep, or Skype with their loved ones – all at the bedside.
- Offering telemedicine care through our behavioral health program, so patients can access the highly trained psychiatrists at Sheppard Pratt Hospital without crossing the Bay Bridge.
- Opening Atlantic ImmediCare clinics, staffed by Atlantic General Hospital medical staff, that are open 7 days a week, including evenings at area Rite Aid stores.
- Making the 30-Minute ER Promise to the community to do our best to begin your treatment or have you situated in a patient bed within 30 minutes of walking through our doors.
- Providing online wait times for our ER, lab, x-ray services and Atlantic ImmediCare.
- And, coming soon, our PERKS patient portal, to access your health records and communicate with your physician’s office electronically!
If you have any suggestions for how we can improve care, please email us at email@example.com or call our Patient and Family Relations department at 410-629-1500.