AGH/HS promotes shared decision making, which empowers staff to make changes that impact patient care and the care delivery providers.
Education/Work Environment Council
Chair: Althea Foreman, MSN, RN, CEN, FNE-A/P
- Established quarterly reporting format for RN Education & Certification, Associate Vacancy & Turnover Rates
- On-going assessment of educational needs with annual survey
Goals: To identify, promote and disseminate education opportunities throughout the organization and monitor the work environment.
Nursing Peer Review Council
Chair: Michelle Clifton, BSN, RN
- Held “summer school” sessions to educate associates about the NPR process
- Council completed first peer review.
Goals: To improve the quality of care provided by individual nurses by identifying opportunities for process improvement and acknowledging exemplary care.
Performance Improvement/Patient Safety Council
Chair: William Boothe, Pharm.D.
- Implemented new quality reporting format and structure
Goals: Guide and collaborate with each department to improve outcomes and exceed established benchmarks.
Chair: Kelly Fox, RN
- On-going practice, policy and procedure review
- Developing an electronic Policy tracking tool
Goals: To approve and maintain evidence-based procedures and practices in patient care.
Chair: Lisa Jeffers, MSN, RN, CRNP
- First research project completed
- Organized first annual hospital Research Day
Goals: Develops, evaluates and supports all research efforts within the organization.
Nurse Practitioner Council
Chair: Lisa Bayles, MSN, RN, CRNP-WHNP, FNP
- The council is in the organizational phase and currently writing their by-laws and goals.