The are a number of factors that determine whether an individual is a good candidate for bariatric surgery. All candidates must:
- Be able to document previous failed dietary attempts for weight loss
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or higher (use the calculator below if you don't know your BMI)
- Be psychologically stable
- Be knowledgeable about the operation and possible outcome
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have been obese for more than 5 years
- Be prepared to attend regular follow-up appointments and make lifestyle changes
- Be MOTIVATED!
The healthcare team at Atlantic Bariatrics would be happy to discuss weight loss surgery with you. You can call the office at 410-641-3960 to RSVP for the next informational seminar or schedule a consultation.
Click here to read our bariatric blog.