Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient at Atlantic General Hospital and Health System, you have the right to:
- Care that respects your values and beliefs
- Privacy and security in clean, safe surroundings
- A timely response to your requests and questions
- Management of your pain
- Know the names of everyone caring for you
- Know which doctor is managing your care
- Information that you can understand about your care and ongoing health needs
- An interpreter, if you do not speak English
- Be informed by your doctor before you consent to any procedure or treatment
- Be told of all outcomes, including any that were unexpected
- Refuse treatment and be informed of the consequences of your refusal
Flexible open visitation
(may be limited due to Justified Clinical Restrictions)
- Make advance directives and have those decisions honored
- Have someone you choose make decisions for you, if you cannot
- Agree or refuse to take part in any study or experiment related to your care
- Be told in advance when transfer to another level of care is needed
- Access to protective services
- Be free of restraint unless clinically appropriate to prevent harm to you
and to others
- An itemized copy of your bill
- Secure, confidential handling of all information about your care
- Review and obtain a copy of your medical record
- Information on how to voice a concern or complaint
- A written copy of your rights
- Have someone you choose make decisions for you if you cannot.
We ask that you help us in the following ways:
- Provide accurate information about your past healthcare
- Ask questions if there are things you do not understand
- Participate in care planning and follow the plan of care
- Follow hospital rules
- Show respect and consideration for others
- Meet your financial obligations to us
- Provide accurate information about any prescription or over-the-counter
medicine or supplements you're taking
Atlantic General Hospital & Health System is committed to providing
you with the highest quality of care and excellent customer service. We
encourage you to voice any concerns or comments you have regarding your
care. Your caregiver will help you with any issues that can be addressed promptly.
We are always interested in improving. If you have questions, comments
or concerns, you are welcome to contact:
Atlantic General Hospital Patient and Family Relations
From any patient’s room dial “0” and ask for Patients
and Family Relations during the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm (M-F), or
the Charge Nurse after hours & on the weekend. Or, after you are discharged,
You may also contact these agencies:
Office of Health Care Quality
The Joint Commission
Call: Joint Commission Accreditation Safety Line at 1-800-994-6610
Website: Use the “Report a Patient Safety Event” link in the
“ Action Center” on the home page of the website at
The Office of Quality & Patient Safety (OQPS)
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrance, Illinois 60181
The services and facilities of Atlantic General Hospital & Health System
are operated on a nondiscriminatory basis. They are subject to the provisions
of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Hill Burton Act,
and Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act. The acts prohibit discrimination
on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender
or sexual orientation. This facility’s nondiscriminatory position
applies to admissions, provisions or services, granting of privileges,
accommodations, and opportunity to participate in programs and activities.
Atlantic General Hospital has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing
for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action
prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act and its implementin
regulations at 45 CFR part 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services. Section 1557 and its implementing regulations may
be examined in the office of Patient and Family Relations, 9733 Healthway
Drive, Berlin, MD 21811, 410-629-1500,
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición
servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-410-629-1500.
ATENÇÃO: Se fala português, encontram-se disponíveis
serviços linguísticos, grátis. Ligue para 1-410-629-1500.
French Creole (Haitian Creole):
ATANSYON: Si w pale Kreyòl Ayisyen, gen sèvis èd
pou lang ki disponib gratis pou ou. Rele 1-410-629-1500.
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-410-629-1500 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các
dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique
vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-410-629-1500.
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo
ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1-410-629-1500.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные
услуги перевода. Звоните 1-410-629-1500.
ማስታወሻ: የሚናገሩት ቋንቋ ኣማርኛ ከሆነ የትርጉም እርዳታ ድርጅቶች፣ በነጻ ሊያግዝዎት ተዘጋጀተዋል፡ ወደ ሚከተለው
ቁጥር ይደውሉ 1-410-629-1500.
Ntị: Ọ bụrụ na asụ Ibo, asụsụ aka ọasụ n’efu, defu, aka. Call 1-410-629-1500..
AKIYESI: Bi o ba nsọ èdè Yorùbú ọfé
ni iranlọwọ lori èdè wa fun yin o. Ẹ pe ẹrọ-ibanisọrọ yi
خبردار: اگر آپ اردو بولتے ہیں، تو آپ کو زبان کی مدد کی خدمات مفت میں دستیاب ہیں ۔ کال
توجھ: اگر بھ زبان فارسی گفتگو می کنید، تسھیلات زبانی بصورت رایگان برای شما
1-410-629-1500 فراھم می باشد. با تماس بگیرید.