Information for Visitors
AGH has a flexible 24-hours-a-day visitation policy is in effect throughout
the hospital. All visitors designated by the patient shall enjoy visitation
privileges that are no more restrictive than those immediate family members
Following are the general guidelines for visitors:
Gifts For Patients
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital or
on hospital grounds
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients
- Visits should be kept short
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when
the physician or nurse needs to provide care to the patient
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients
on the day of surgery
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or
drink to patients. In the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit
regarding any gifts for patients.
Any personal information about a patient’s diagnosis and treatment
must come from the patient’s physician or nurse and is only available
to members of the patient’s immediate family that have been designated
to receive it. Families are asked to designate a spokesperson who will
receive and provide important information to other family members. We
encourage families to place phone calls to the nursing units after 1:00
p.m. because mornings can frequently result in changes in the plan of care.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven
days a week. Please be sure to lock your car.
Accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available
at many nearby motels. During the summer months, please be aware that
accommodations may be difficult to obtain. We are located just minutes
from Ocean City and many choices of lodging.