You will need to call your insurance company to find out whether they will
cover your hospital care and, just as important, what portion of the bill
they will pay.
To confirm your insurance plan covers care you plan to receive at Atlantic
1. Call your insurance company, using the phone number on your insurance card.
2. Provide your ID number and the Employer Group Plan number (these should
be on your insurance card)
3. Provide the description of the services you need at the hospital, including
the procedure and/or diagnosis code numbers. You will need to call the
physician who recommended the care, or referred you to the hospital, to
get the exact description of the service and any procedure or diagnosis
code numbers that match that type of care.
4. Ask if this care would be covered under your insurance plan.
5. If your insurance plan covers the care, be sure to ask what portion
of that bill the insurance company will pay and the amount you will be
6. If the care is covered, also ask if there are any pre-authorization
requires before the service would be covered. Ask what information you
need to have the services pre-authorized, which may involve contacting
your physician's office for a referral or asking the insurance company
to pre-authorize the services. Bring any documentation showing that the
pre-authorization is approved with you to your hospital visit.
Important numbers the insurance company may request:
Atlantic General Hospital's Tax ID: 52-1656507
Atlantic General Hospital's NPI: 1053309120