RN to BSN (or other advanced degree) Scholarship
Atlantic General Hospital/Health System has developed the
Associate RN-BSN Scholarship Program to offer assistance with tuition to CURRENT Atlantic General Hospital
nursing associates pursuing an advanced degree in nursing. Our goal is
to increase our percentage of advance-degree, prepared RNs by 2020 in
our ongoing efforts to achieve excellence. The individual would, in return,
continue to work in our facility upon completion of the program.
The Scholarship Program provides financial assistance for tuition, in addition
to our tuition assistance program, or other expenses associated with an
advanced degree in Nursing for selected persons. This program requires
the candidate to be a nursing associate in good standing and maintain
either full-time or part-time status of employment at AGH/HS.
Per Diem or casual nursing associates are not eligible for this scholarship.
Upon successful completion of the program, RN agrees to work full-time
at Atlantic General Hospital/Health System for at least one year following
Selection of Candidates based upon:
- Completed scholarship application.
- Submission of resume.
- A letter of recommendation from current manager who can attest to the applicant’s
character, motivation and work ethic.
- Interview process with selection committee members.
Requirements of Selected Candidates:
- Current RN with acceptance into an advanced nursing degree program. Those
candidates enrolled in an RN to BSN will be given first priority, however
if there are monies available those applicants enrolled in a Master’s
or Doctoral degree program will also be considered.
- Must be employed by AGH/HS for no less than 3 months at time of application.
- Maintain either full-time or part-time status for the duration of the scholarship.
- This scholarship is a supplement to the associate benefit for tuition assistance.
Candidates must submit application to manager and Human Resources for
- Upon successful completion of degree program, the candidate will work full-time
for 12 months for each school year in the scholarship program. The Registered
Nurse’s schedule will be based on the needs of the hospital, which
may include rotating days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Repay any and all expenses incurred by Atlantic General Hospital in the
event candidate does not complete educational program for any reason,
does not meet work commitment during or after the program, or is terminated
for any reason prior to meeting their commitment. In addition, the candidate
will be responsible to pay all attorneys’ fees and court costs which
are the result of failure to pay the balance owed, when due.
How to Apply
Please contact Human Resources at
410-641-9612 with any questions.