AGH has a flexible 24-hours-a-day visitation policy is in effect throughout the hospital. All visitors designated by the patient shall enjoy visitation privileges that are no more restrictive than those immediate family members would enjoy.
Following are the general guidelines for visitors:
Gifts For Patients
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except the outside designated smoking areas
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients
- Visits should be kept short
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to provide care to the patient
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. In the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Any personal information about a patient’s diagnosis and treatment must come from the patient’s physician or nurse and is only available to members of the patient’s immediate family that have been designated to receive it. Families are asked to designate a spokesperson who will receive and provide important information to other family members. We encourage families to place phone calls to the nursing units after 1:00 p.m. because mornings can frequently result in changes in the plan of care.
Free parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please be sure to lock your car.
Accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available at many nearby motels. During the summer months, please be aware that accommodations may be difficult to obtain. We are located just minutes from Ocean City and many choices of lodging.