Healthy Family Fun
Everyone can gain the health benefits of physical activity. Some of these
benefits include: weight control, stronger bones and muscles, improved
mental health and mood, being able to carry out daily living activities,
reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even some cancers, according
to the Center for Disease Control.
A fun way to do this is by exercising with your children. Here are a few
of our favorite places to go on Delmarva:
- Assateague Island State Park offers a four mile biking course on the Maryland
side that is flat and easy for bikers of all levels.
- Delaware Seashore State Park has a few trails great for exploring, they
even offer seasonal horseback riding along the four miles of walkable terrain.
- The Fred Hudson Road and Prickly Pear Trails are bicycle friendly as well
as easily walkable. Both trails have access at the Hickman Road parking lot.
- The Carousel Hotel Ice Skating Rink is a great place to go throughout the
fall and winter.
- Families with children ages seven and up can head to Frontier Town and
complete their high ropes course featuring wooden platforms, bridges,
and many other obstacles.
There are an endless variety of places throughout Delmarva perfect for
outdoor family fun and exercise; these are just a few places to keep in
mind next time you and your family want to accompany a fun day out with
For information and listings of all fall events, check out these sites: