Berlin, Md. –Atlantic General Hospital will be conducting a chronic disease self-management
class for 6 weeks at North Worcester Senior Center, Berlin, Md. beginning
The model for this program comes from the Stanford School of Medicine and
is designed to help people with chronic conditions (or those who have
a loved one with a chronic condition) live a better life. The workshop
is facilitated by two specially trained leaders.
Examples of chronic conditions may include diabetes, arthritis, depression,
back pain, heart disease or any conditions that hinder you from living
the life you desire. If you have any condition which alters your daily
living in any way you could benefit from this workshop.
Topics covered include:
- How to manage problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- How to communicate effectively with family, friends and healthcare professionals
- Nutrition and how it effects our quality of life
- Exercise to improve strength, flexibility and endurance
- How to make daily tasks easier
- How to get more out of life!
- Appropriate use of medications
- How to evaluate new treatment options
The workshop is 6 classes of 2½ hours each and will meet each Monday(except January 19 and February 16), January 5th through February 23, 10:00am to 12:30pm, at North Worcester
Senior Center, Berlin, Md. The class is
free and open to all. You must begin the class with Session 1 or 2. Pre-registration
is required. To register call Laura at